Source: DTN News - - This article compiled by Roger Smith from reliable sources Press TV
(NSI News Source Info) TORONTO, Canada - November 19, 2010: A loud explosion was heard in Gaza City early on Friday, Maan news agency reported.A policeman, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said that he saw a missile coming from the north explode in the sky overhead. There were no immediate reports of casualties. The Israeli military carries out regular bloody attacks on the Gaza Strip. Tel Aviv also retains its occupation of the Palestinian territories surrounding Gaza and has been keeping the coastal enclave under an all-out land, naval and aerial blockade for more than three years. The Israeli aircraft frequently overfly Gaza, bombing tunnels under the strip's border with Egypt, which serve as the territory's only way of bringing in food, medicine and other direly-needed requirements.
Latest From Middle East
- Israeli fighter jets attack Gaza
- Israel 'to raze 88 Palestinian homes'
- Israel to continue building in al-Quds
- Turkey's coup leaders to go to trial?
- Israeli plane avoids near collision
- Hezbollah says Israel pull out plan 'ploy'
- Israel cmdr. suspected of shielding killer
- Israel to unleash 'July' in next war
- Turkey urges fair talks over EU bid
- Saudi king names son natl. guard chief
- 'Israel eyes more US F-35 fighter jets'
- Tariq Aziz likely to escape execution
- Palestinian killed in Israeli airstrike
*This article is being posted from Toronto, Canada By DTN News ~ Defense-Technology News, contact: email@example.com
© Copyright (c) DTN News Defense-Technology News