Saturday, August 09, 2008

India: Is this real....Mayawati as Prime Minister of India!

Mayawati says successor chosen, declines to reveal name (NSI News Source Info) Lucknow, August 09, 2008: UP Chief Minister Mayawati in the party’s convention in Lucknow on Saturday revealed she has chosen her successor, but declined to name him. “I have chosen my successor but I won’t disclose the name. The person is 18 years younger to me and is a Dalit. The name will be disclosed only when I am dead. Apart from me only two other people know the name," she said. "I have penned down his name in a sealed packet left in the safe custody of two of my close confidantes. These two people have been told to open the packet and disclose the name of this successor either in the event of my sudden death or if my political adversaries succeed in their vicious gamelan of sending me to jail on trumped-up charges," she further added. The disclosure was the chief highlight of a speech in which she ridiculed Rahul Gandhi’s speech in Parliament during the trust vote, reiterated she would be the PM of the country one day and lambasted her political rivals. The claims of having named a successor, came with allegations that her political rivals may get her killed in the guise of a naxal or terrorist attack. She gave other details about her successor. He is a dalit and from a poor family. But in her speech she made it clear that he was not from her family. However, he is not going to come before the public anytime soon. Mayawati is not about to reveal his name till she is fit and able to work.

No comments: